Friday, March 1, 2013

Convergence


This is not about PLDT's convergence marketing ads way back in the 90's ( I actually remember it hahaha!!) but this is how this coffee shop converged us last Wednesday in one place in one time.

I had no intention of going for a cup of coffee but then my cousin Jephren ( my coffee buddy) texted me and if we can go for a drink that night. And I said yes. Then my office mate Harry also is in need of a shot of coffee that night. So we decided we could go together. And along the way I had met Jose, my high school classmate, and I invited him to join us.

And so we were four with different backgrounds and ideas converged into two hours of non-stop exchanging of ideas. And it felt good to learn from different individuals who have diverse knowledge since we all came out from different schools and work.

And then we have seen on the next table, our other officemates, the C&PR department, doing their usual get-together or somewhat a bonding for the group. A convergence.

Imagine that. Not only business deals were sealed in a cup of coffee but friendships and camaraderie as well. Drink to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It Begins Now

 I am now here in Batangas City. My hometown. My city. That never sleeps. I have myself and my mother. She is 83 now. And I am turning 47 th...