Saturday, October 27, 2012

Icons


We always think of an icon as something or someone that makes a trademark by merely saying its name of seeing its logo. It symbolizes something that comes to our mind and synonymous to what it represents.
Mother Theresa. Jesus Christ. Dalai Lama. Some icons that remind us of higher good. Some that remind us that we are here to help others. Not only ourselves. Some icons become legends. Marilyn Monroe. Kurt Cobain. Andy Warhol. Picasso. Name it and they have their place in our mind that somehow remind us of how great and influential they are even up to now.

And of course there is coffee. Icon for all time. Sweeping every nation with its aroma. With its taste. Not only as a tool ( food/drink) for social gatherings ( in those coffee shops where everyone frequently visit for some talks..) but also as something that our system cannot live without  ( at least if you are a coffee drinker).

And it will live forever.Just like those many icons of our generations.


No comments:

Post a Comment

It Begins Now

 I am now here in Batangas City. My hometown. My city. That never sleeps. I have myself and my mother. She is 83 now. And I am turning 47 th...