Monday, January 21, 2013

Choice And Consequence

The past weekends is a blast. I feel some sort of rejuvenation and should I say enthusiasm. Regaining myself once again in this world of chaotic routines. I stayed up late in bed last Saturday feeling the cold comfort of the morning with breeze coming out of nowhere that brings chill out to my bones. Thanks to the blanket I have in my bed. I have with me a temporary warmth feeling that day. I am trying to enjoy the weekends without the hurry routine of everyday work. I am trying to sleep continuously until my back ache that it is time to get up and greet the new day. A new day has come. I have to call my mother. She will be in Las Vegas soon. But for two days only. My mother is enjoying the American life as we know it but nonetheless want to come home and she misses the country very much.

And finally I get up that Saturday at almost noon time and try to think and go on with my life on a sunny yet windy weekend. Choice and consequence. First in my mind is the choice of getting up late. Consequence of having time thinking and reflecting on important matters that should really matter. I should have been to other places that early Saturday as my routine on weekends. Since my MBA is done I am free now to go to whatever place I wanted to be. Money included. Choices. I should choose place where I can enjoy the company of others or most of the time the company of no one and really enjoy what that place can offer. One time a couple of years ago I have photographed some man on a lazy Sunday doing nothing but fishing on Manila Bay near the CCP. They have that gear and equipment to catch those small fishes. What a life! I love that life! Free from hassles free from stress. Consequences.

If we could pause and rewind our life just like in a CCTV that we can play backwards what happened for the past hours or days, and tediously look up for some glitches or pattern that may serve as clues to our decisions and actions I am willing to do that. Or we might think that all of our life are based on some random acts of choices and decisions without any cause just living it "irrationally" to fulfill our journey as human. Or we could rely on the Divine Providence and believe in Divine Intervention. Whatever it is we believed in, it is our duty to make choice or as tautology as it is, doing no choice is a Choice itself. So we cannot escape unless we die.

Upon reviewing some of my photos from my new 2 terabytes portable hard disc, I have noticed the "empty swing photo" I have shoot it a long time ago in Cancer Institute in PGH. I was there a long time ago to take care of my grandmother. And I have visited the same institution after more than a decade and have seen the swing and took a good photo of it. An empty swing. No children. No noise. Just a simple swinging of steel that supposedly for those children to have some fun. But no more fun since they are stricken by the cancer at the very young age. How sad it is. They do not make that choice. Heaven has its own reason why those young generation has the terminal illness that do not only deteriorate the patient itself but the family as well. They do not have the choice but they have the consequences. Randomly choosing who will have a better health and who will die young is such a mysterious cult that clogged into our mind.

In the past weeks I have seen some consequences which is very just and fair for some actions of others since it becomes the punishment for their wrong deeds. A very cautious personnel with all of his might and gut power somehow managed to cross the line of his willingly desire to capture the attention of the higher authority. And he made it though. He made it with such stupid one mistake. I must have been laughing. I laughed actually. God has its own way of punishing those who do not conform to what is planned and those greedy persons who will do something beyond of what it is he is directed to do so.

I have seen this past weekends two of the wonderful movies for this year; Argo and Zero Dark Thirty. The former is about the Iran hostage crisis in the 80's and the latter is about the tracking and eventually the killing of Osama Bin Laden. In those award winning films I can see the choices and consequences that made our life not much simpler but complicated and even those notorious individuals have to face the reality or consequences of what they have done. It is too political and sensitive nevertheless make it very exciting to watch. Imagine if you are in those persona where every action and mistake you commit will have greater consequences for the world over.

So no matter how small or big our decisions are, make it sure you can defend it until the very end. As my former manager in the construction industry has sarcastically said " kaya mo bang ilaban ng dikdikan ng bayag and desisyon mo..?"..and I said with firm stand " yes sir.."..

Thank you DSJ.



No comments:

Post a Comment

It Begins Now

 I am now here in Batangas City. My hometown. My city. That never sleeps. I have myself and my mother. She is 83 now. And I am turning 47 th...