Thursday, January 24, 2013

Spicy Words

Literally translated into Filipino street words as " maanghang na salita" and that was what happened yesterday to two Philippine senators. Those supposedly role models of good governance and right values became like rude children lambasting each other and using the Senate floor as their battle ground. Oh my God what the heck is happening? We are paying them our hard earned money and converted to tax ( oh I remember my tax payables again!) just to stand up and air their not so professional sentiments on national media. And to recapitulate again I have below some of the excerpts from Rappler.com

Enrile: "Tungkol sa iyong yumaong ama. Nandito hanggang ngayon, 'di nabayaran utang niya na ginastos sa opisina namin na tinayo ko para may pakain sa pamilya niya, P37M." (About your late father. Here until now is his debt, what he spent in our office that I started to feed his family worth P37 million.)

Cayetano: "Nung siya’y tumakbong senador, he practically gave his life to you. Nung panahon ni President Cory, kayo’y nakulong, siya ang katabi niyo. Nung panahon ng EDSA Revolution, siya ang katabi niyo. Nung kayo’y payaman nang payaman, siya ay nagtiis din sa law office...I don’t remember he owed you P37 million. My father worked for every single centavo and it’s unfair for you to bring that up."

Enrile: Anong utang na loob ko sa inyo?

Cayetano replied, “Ang bahay namin inutang sa bangko.”

 Enrile said, “Pati kahoy?”

What a shame on our lawmakers! What a shame on Filipino people who keep on voting those senators!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It Begins Now

 I am now here in Batangas City. My hometown. My city. That never sleeps. I have myself and my mother. She is 83 now. And I am turning 47 th...