Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Guerilla Media

I am still reading the conventional newspaper if I have the chance. I still buy Time magazine if there are special issues that interest me. I still watch the night time news program. Very conventional media. And then the advent of the new media. Facebook. Twitter. And tons of blogs. Never forget the old time newsletter subscription from Time and Newsweek. And the media is upon us. We are the media itself now.

When there are big issues and events locally and internationally just turn on your twitter account and you will be bombarded by news every seconds of the day. Turn to twitter of any breaking news of any major news network and you will get a blow by blow account of what is happening, for example the earthquake in Japan a couple of years ago. And you can re-post it or you can post it by yourself writing your own words carrying the same news idea. We are the media today.

When you want to bring the news to a more collaborative highly opinionated environment, sign in to Reddit. In it you can answer and participate in a wide array of topics and join the very invigorating forum environment. You can voice out your opinion and ideas freely and be heard at the convenience of your laptop or wherever you are online via mobile technology.

And lastly there is the blog. You can customize your blog to be a personal one that tackle everything personal about you or you can talk about issues of national concern. You can post photos and almost everything you want that the others may want to read. The premise is to share what you know. To impart knowledge like news that maybe very beneficial to others. I have with me a good deal number of blogs under my name in different platforms catering different needs and demands of my life.

And to sum up, in this highly polarized society where almost everyone disagree on certain things, it is nice to have this "guerilla media" as I called it t to express our minds in this world where everyone is busy changing everyone. In this guerilla media available now, I could photoshoot an event just like in the picture where I have took a good shot on an activist in their Labor Day rally in Mendiola two years ago. Of course the Big Media is there but it is comforting to have the technology today and made it possible to self-publish what my thoughts are vis a vis the Elite Media as we call it in the previous days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It Begins Now

 I am now here in Batangas City. My hometown. My city. That never sleeps. I have myself and my mother. She is 83 now. And I am turning 47 th...