Tuesday, January 8, 2013

IV-A Get-Together 2012

I must put an explanation why I am using IV-A to refer to my class section in our senior year in our high school life. First, we belonged to the special science class so we were in IV-A to differentiate us from the other student of the school. Second, I am used to use  it but there were other batch who have became IV-A themselves. So when I refer to IV-A, it is our batch in 1995, a batch like no other. A class which are not tired of seeing each other every year without fail or missed. At first it was just gathering but with no particular date of the year. It could be a fiesta in one of my classmate. Or maybe a despidida of my classmate bound for US back then. And beginning in 2004, it was set to happen every after Christmas of each year. The timing is so perfect for our classmates who work abroad since it is in line with their vacation here. I still remember in 2004 when our classmate Oliver Catapang first proposed the yearly tradition to be held in Sawali Restaurant. So I have told to some our classmates that it will be on that place. And unofficially I have become the reunion's organizer ever since. So forget about some venue like we had our reunion on top of Mt Makulot back then. Forget about beach reunion or maybe not but Sawali will just be a de facto venue for meeting and whatever plans that will be proposed there, then it will be pushed through. So years and years come by after 2004 and we always held our get together at Sawali.

Until last year. Some of my classmates think that we should change venue. Some place where we can sing and have more fun than before. So we have chosen F. Baylosis. In there we had the videoke and a room reserved big enough to accommodate us. I have set to begin the reunion at lunch time. As I have said to my classmates, they can bring with them their family, that is their children or their partner. And so some of our classmates brought their extended family with us. And it was really more fun. Jose brought his future wife. Adnel was with her wife too. Helen brought with her, her husband and daughter. And many of us will bring our family by next year. And I guess IV-A is expanding. Expanding to be a bigger family and stronger each year. 

As usual we talked about everything.Almost of our conversations focused of what we have remembered on our high school days. We often laugh at some of our high school's amazing life. It was really a joyful fun ride, our high school life!

And of course we also have this kumustahan or our whereabouts. Most of my classmates are abroad.Some got married so young and some like me are still single. And the funnier side is when we have to talk about someone who does not attend in any reunion or anyone who has no facebook or in short walang pakialam sa amin. Sad to remember them but we still miss them. And we have this one topic that always be the BIG ISSUE; the whereabouts of one of the more popular classmate of ours.Arnold.

So please Arnold please come out of the dark hahaha!! We miss you so much! Or else some issues about you will never die out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It Begins Now

 I am now here in Batangas City. My hometown. My city. That never sleeps. I have myself and my mother. She is 83 now. And I am turning 47 th...