Friday, February 8, 2013

Child/Children


Morrie said now, looking at a photo of his oldest son. "I simply say, `There is no experience like having children.' That's all. There is no substitute for it. You cannot do it with a friend. You cannot do it with a lover. If you want the experience of having complete responsibility for another human being, and to learn how to love and bond in the deepest way, then you should have children."

Mitch Albom. Tuesdays With Morrie (Kindle Locations 793-795). Wheeler Publishing. 

And this might be the best lines I have ever read in a book. Probably. And probably best felt by mothers since we all came from our mother. The bonding between child and mother is somehow not explainable or an enigma. A perfect bonding.

And I missed my Inay. I should call her more often.


No comments:

Post a Comment

It Begins Now

 I am now here in Batangas City. My hometown. My city. That never sleeps. I have myself and my mother. She is 83 now. And I am turning 47 th...