Friday, June 14, 2013

Economic Growth?


My cousins who are in Italy and they are investing in some real properties in Manila. And President Pnoy is proudly waving that in the first quarter we are the fastest growing economy in Asia. So what? It will never translate into employment. It will never translate into reduction of commodity price. Maybe those rich can enjoy it. Maybe those in power can benefit from that growth. So what's the significance of it if will never be felt by an ordinary Filipino.

My cousins in Italy do their best to have those dollar. They do such odd jobs just to escape the harsh reality of poverty here in our country.

Economic growth? Just a number!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It Begins Now

 I am now here in Batangas City. My hometown. My city. That never sleeps. I have myself and my mother. She is 83 now. And I am turning 47 th...