Friday, June 28, 2013

Young Fashionista?(or just exploited by social media? and parents too?)


 And I turned my Facebook account into news bookmarking tools similar to the defunct Delicious.com. I have also a  new bookmarking site called Potluck.it and it is a refreshing experience to just collect the articles from across the internet and read it for future reference.

Then I came along this article about this boy who has been a celebrity in Instagram because of his very cool outfit. I've got curious since he was so young to dress and act like those adults model. And I read the links (http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/06/27/meet-alonso-mateo-instagrams-five-year-old-style-icon/). I have found out that the parents really set their beautiful kid to do such acts to prepare him to be a "young CEO" and at the same time attain celebrity status and somehow make money out of it maybe. I really don't know but the line between just showing out to the world how elegant their kid is and profiting from the exposure is somehow been blurred.

If I have such a kid, will I do the same given the technology of today? I don't really know. But most probably  a Yes!




(photo credits: Time Magazine)

No comments:

Post a Comment

It Begins Now

 I am now here in Batangas City. My hometown. My city. That never sleeps. I have myself and my mother. She is 83 now. And I am turning 47 th...