Tuesday, December 11, 2012

In Search of The Silence


And sometimes I go farther than I expected to spend some time alone. I seek the refuge of some distant places to find an inner silence. In whatever place I have come to, I always find first its Church. Usually it is located at the heart of the town. Maybe I inherited the religious inclination of my grandfather who took time to see first the Church of any new place that he had been to. He had been into many places in the country as a "viejaro" during the 1950's and 60's. He had been employed by a rich clan here in Ilijan who engaged in trading cow from all over the Philippines. My grandfather as my grandmother and mother told us had reached the Philippines from top to the bottom. He was frequently in Batanes, in Visayas mostly in Samar and in Mindanao where there were many cows and he traveled by plane sometimes by ship.

And so as I am seeking to find my inner silence I have to see first the Church and pray for quite some time. and talk to God of whatever is happening to my life now. And then I will go the nearest place of interest like this one ( a lake ) and contemplate on some things that has happened to me for the past years of my life. I love to see some people also and think what's on their mind that time. I also have time to thank God since I am indeed much luckier than some people whom I meet on my journey. I take time to feel the breeze and stare at the beautiful mountain. I take some time to open and close my eyes and suddenly the horizon is quite magnificent than before. It is like waking up to a new perspective. Beginning a new chapter of my life. Getting away sometimes from the noise of everyday routine. Sick and tired of some circumstances and this silence give some relief. Thanks God silence is found and peace and forgiveness follows.



No comments:

Post a Comment

It Begins Now

 I am now here in Batangas City. My hometown. My city. That never sleeps. I have myself and my mother. She is 83 now. And I am turning 47 th...