Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Coming Year

And I am counting days. I am counting that it is indeed no less than a week before the coming of the new year. And it is year of the Snake. I am born on the year of the snake too. Is 2013 gonna be my year? Our year? I guess so.

Thanks to the past few days and my mind has just opened and I have some clearer version of myself and the others too. I have really realized some truths after I have some meaningful conversation with some of the good friends that I have in which in this special occasion only that we have the chance to talk again. And it is worth it. The short hours of exchanging opinions bring me to the realization that indeed life is too short and holding up some grudge to others is just a waste of time. Let the reality flows continuously and do not go against the current. Just take it as just a passing of time and just like the water flowing in the river, it will never passed that way again. So be happy instead. Accept some reality of yourself as well as the others. We only live once thus we only die once also. And that's it. The end. And speaking of the end, I was really surprised last week that my acquaintance/friend from college has died last September and only now that I have known that he already passed away. Our classmate in high school also died a couple of years ago. Whatever the cause of their deaths ( seemingly mysterious), I offer some prayers for them. And I have taken it seriously that indeed life is too short. You can die now or tomorrow or a hundred years from now which I doubt it given the lifestyle today.

Indeed that lesson from the death of some friends really moved me.

So maybe the coming year will be just the year I am looking for. I am looking for more peace of mind. I am looking for more exploration of knowledge and experience in which I hope luck and circumstances will give.

I know that all I can do now is to hope for the better. And maybe it is really better that I do not noticed it because I am too focus on other's perception of me  as well as their perception of the others too. I am preoccupied sometimes of pleasing everyone and yet or only to realized that I cannot please them. So why please them anyway? Just let them be. Let them do their own way. In short, nevermind them.

So much for the year 2013. Let us just keep happy and busy. And keep on praying and hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It Begins Now

 I am now here in Batangas City. My hometown. My city. That never sleeps. I have myself and my mother. She is 83 now. And I am turning 47 th...