Sunday, September 30, 2012

Light Moments


In between work and home we find some light moments talking with our friends. We find ourselves telling stories and listening to their stories too. A real connection in real time as compared to online social media. If there are times I have this conversations with my childhood friends ( neighbor actually). It is really a warm moments talking to them like with Ipe, Leslie and RK ( in Dubai now). With Ipe we oftentimes talk everything under the sun. We start with our own work related experiences then go down with some silly things then some weird stuffs. He is very idealist yet so down to earth. He works hard and he is very open to all the changes and opportunities abound since he is still in his 20's. With Leslie I seldom have some conversation with him. A matter of hi's and hello's but if there are those rare cases we usually ends up reminiscing our childhood lives living together in this neighborhood, LMI. And for RK, he oftentimes starts the conversation with some "fights" in his life whether it is real fight or some struggles he is into now. I missed them sometimes.

I literally have to go "overseas" just to have some "talks" with one of my bestfriends and cousin, Alvin. He is living in Puerto Galera in Mindoro so I have to ride a motorized banca just to get there. Maybe twice a year I pay him a visit. As usual he always tour me in those different spots in Galera, some hideaways also away from the usual tourist spots. We sometimes ends up in the beach just some meters away from their home. We talk about everything from nonsense to serious ones. And most likely we ends up with some San Mig lights somewhere along the bars in Galera.

With Nitoy, another bestfriend of mine, conversation is just like drinking coffee, the better it goes when the cups are coming. He is one of my coffee buddy, bloggers buddy, a bestfriend, someone whom I can talk with some of my ideas and anything which just popped out of my mind.

I also fond of listening to my classmate and friend Edison about his adventure in his job in a financing company. Just last week he was in Occidental Mindoro and got stranded in Calanpan because of the turbulent sea to Batangas City. He really enjoys sharing what seems to be routine life but along those tidbits of information comes some big lessons that we can learn.

Still there are many light moment with my closest friends and I really take some time off just to listen and share also my life. Our life. Shared life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It Begins Now

 I am now here in Batangas City. My hometown. My city. That never sleeps. I have myself and my mother. She is 83 now. And I am turning 47 th...