Monday, September 17, 2012

Running In Both Directions


Once in a while I am caught in the social reality. Of rain. Of people. Running in both directions. I am caught in the middle of fire. No. Of rain. And I heard them. People of all walks of life. Uneducated. Educated. Knowledgeable. Moron. I have to run myself. I have no umbrella. Then I have seen a woman. Desperate woman. In just a meter of space she is sleeping near the gate of an establishment. Houseless. Poverty. We are a poor nation that even a small shelter for our family we cannot have. 

An hour. Two hours. I overheard a gay individual " P**tang *na niyo bakit niyo ninakaw ang payong ng bata!!", he screamed as if no one is there including me. The rain is not stopping. No sign of stopping. Flooding is on the way. I am numb. A woman on my side who made the street as her home and a rude man shouting as if he is robbed of something. And I run. Not to escape the rain but I am running out of time. 

There are other people running. South Koreans. Chubbies. Skinny. Shouting. With Korean language of course. They are here to learn English or their parents are here as expatriates. They are here to invade the street with me. Running. And I keep on running. Raining hard. 

It is not hard to imagine why our country is still the poor man's of Asia. Sick man of Asia. Just look around. Observe. And the answer is right there.

And the solution? Right here too. Right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

It Begins Now

 I am now here in Batangas City. My hometown. My city. That never sleeps. I have myself and my mother. She is 83 now. And I am turning 47 th...