Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Time Keeper


I have heard last week that Mitch Albom has a new book. Wow! Tuesday With Morrie will have a comeback! And when I've got myself to a bookstore in Mall Of Asia ( Fullybooked or Powerbooks) I have asked for the copy. Unfortunately it was sold-out or out of stock. Fortunately there are many copies in National Bookstore SM Batangas branch. Unfortunately I have no money to buy it or thinking twice if I will buy it. So I check online articles about the new book. And these are some of them.


"Told in Albom’s signature spare, evocative prose, this moving tale will inspire 
readers everywhere to reconsider their own notions of time, how  they spend it and 
how  precious it truly is." http://www.hyperioncatalogs.com/Hyperion/1279_1535_333336393132.pdf


No doubt Mitch Albom is a busy guy. The beloved author of “Tuesdays With Morrie” is also a Detroit-based columnist, radio host, playwright, songwriter and philanthropist. A schedule like that would make anyone think hard about the limits of time.
His new novel, “The Time Keeper,” is a fable about Dor, the inventor of the first clock.One of God’s helpers sentences Dor to 6,000 years of solitary confinement in a cave as a punishment for measuring time. (Fellow cubicle-workers: We’re doomed.) The Tower of Babel is also mixed up in this story, which, unfortunately, lacks the pathos and brevity of such tales as Aesop’s “The Ant and the Grasshopper.” At 224 pages, it’s about 180 too long for its plot. - http://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/books/book-world-the-time-keeper-by-mitch-albom-is-a-waste-of-time-itself/2012/09/11/6ad5f352-f933-11e1-a073-78d05495927c_story.html
I think I will buy it this week or maybe delay a little bit later to finish some projects in my schedules.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It Begins Now

 I am now here in Batangas City. My hometown. My city. That never sleeps. I have myself and my mother. She is 83 now. And I am turning 47 th...