Thursday, August 1, 2013

Indie Films Going Mainstream?

Last year I have watched some of Cinemalaya entries in CCP itself. Some others I have watched in SM-Megamall. And now I guess Ayala malls are hosting the once-a-year showcase of Filipino underground film scene.

MANILA, Philippines - Promoting and championing Filipino talents, Ayala Malls Cinemas hosts for the 3rd time entries that will compete in Cinemalaya Festival on its 9th year themed “Cinemalaya Cinesthesia.”
Ayala Malls Cinemas’ first collaboration with Cinemalaya back in July 2011 opened its Greenbelt3 screens to the entries, paving easy access for the festival’s followers within the metro. Ayala Malls Cinemas solidified its support to the festival by adding Trinoma screens as an additional venue on its 2nd year of partnership with Cinemalaya in 2012. 
http://www.philstar.com/movies/2013/07/27/1019801/ayala-malls-cinemas-hosts-cinemalaya-2013-entries
 My friend Mylene M had already watched some of the entries and even attended the forum since she is teaching in Makati.

And for some complete details here is the link. http://www.cinemalaya.org/

I am thinking now if I will watch some indie films in Alabang Town Center ( much nearer) or in CCP itself though I know that the cinemas there are not that well-maintained. I hope it could be repaired or renovated.

Any recommendations yet?



No comments:

Post a Comment

It Begins Now

 I am now here in Batangas City. My hometown. My city. That never sleeps. I have myself and my mother. She is 83 now. And I am turning 47 th...