Saturday, November 10, 2012

Email Me Softly

Why 2003? One  part of my email is that year. And it really says something of how I started my email. It is in 2003 where I have my first email in yahoo. I have to thank Gaylord, a friend and a neighbor who helped me in setting up my email. The beginning of my online account in my online life. We have to rent some hours in the computer shop in Donn Ramos area  where I have my first email. And he said that I have to have an email address which should be so easy for me to remember. So marloperez2003@yahoo.com born out of that. And the rest is history.

Not yet. My yahoo mail made it possible for me to have access on jobstreet and then after I have my daily alerts of jobs on my mail. My yahoo mail also opened myself to the first social networking site I've ever had; Friendster. Miss Jackie ( back then in JV days) told me to open a Friendster account and I was so excited. Then my blogging began in Friendster.

I also wrote some job application on my email. My yahoo mail also turned to be my daily board for my several subscriptions of blogs from different personalities. I have also newsletter alerts on my mail. My LinkedIn account is based on my yahoo mail. And during that time the early 2000's chain letter over email was so rampant that I have to shutdown some alerts.

Then after several years I have opened my Gmail. And recently ( two years ago I think) I have successfully opened ( after several times trying) my Hotmail.

In Gmail it has opened my world to Wordpress since it is the email I have used for it. Some of my classmates' ( MBA) questions and researches, we have talked about them over Gmail. With Gmail my ate Michele exchanged some information about what and how to process my mother's application to US. It is really a big help though there are Twitter and Facebook, email interaction is somehow much formal and somehow weighs more importance than those conversation over the social networking accounts.

Though some of the younger generations do no appreciate email that much, I think it will be here to stay forever. Email as we know it. Though many other features are being added like you can directly chat over the mail and some news are being integrated in the email websites itself.

Oh never forget those spams in your email inbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It Begins Now

 I am now here in Batangas City. My hometown. My city. That never sleeps. I have myself and my mother. She is 83 now. And I am turning 47 th...